Tuesday, July 1, 2008

life does work in mysterious ways

i remember when i was still a young uni student years back, i came across a ginger kitten in NUS and it was in the middle of nowhere. it was meowing and craving for my love and followed me wherever i went. did not have to heart to just leave it there, i brought it back home, as my first attempt to introduce a new cat to my antisocial old cat, Maomao. Maomao was horrified and thoroughly traumatised. Being inexperienced to this, the way we had handled it was also gravely wrong. Had no choice, but to bring the ginger kitten down to the void deck to release her. as i was crying my eyes out, not knowing what to do, there was a group of young men, probably about the same age or younger as i, hanging out at the playground. i approached them in tears and asked if anyone would be kind enough to adopt him. Miraculously, one of them agreed and he already had 1 cat. He lived just a distance away from my place and agreed to bring him home. i was so grateful. we kept in touch briefly but i lost his contact somehow over the years (with computers crashing and all).

imagine after after 6 or 7 years, i came to be reunited with this ginger kitten who has blossomed into a fine young man through a trainee teacher at my school. Z, her name, stayed near my place. we happened to be traveling on the same way home when we talked about cats. i have no idea how the conversation came to me telling her how i got a ginger kitten adopted by this young man. it hit her that her brother also brought a ginger kitten home through the very same circumstance! it dawned upon us immediately that we were talking about the same kitten!! that kind gentleman was actually her brother! :)

i visited Ginger and he looked absolutely handsome. It was an emotional moment.

* * *

So Tux and Patches, I pray that you are now safe wherever you are, and that we will too each other again, somewhere, sometime in the near future.

No comments: